Join the Team
The Illinois Latina/Latino Alumni Association (IllinoisLLAA) is excited to announce that we will be holding our Board of Directors Election on Monday, November 12, 2018.
You do not need to be a paid IllinoisLLAA member in order to apply to be on the board; however, ONLY paid IllinoisLLAA members are eligible to vote. The candidate filing deadline is November 11, 2018 at midnight CST. If you would like to submit a nomination application to run in the upcoming election, you can find the application below.
This is an exciting time to be part of the IllinoisLLAA Board of Directors. During the past few years, IllinoisLLAA has been recognized by the University of Illinois Alumni Association as one of the top alumni groups in the world. Our organization has also awarded multiple scholarships, established an endowment fund, and is fully recognized as an official 501c3 non-profit. IllinoisLLAA has also hosted several professional networking events as well as numerous social events and Illini game watches, bringing together Latino alums from all ages, groups, and professional backgrounds.
Come join our growing team of successful alumni, who are dedicated to bringing together Latino professionals and giving back to the next generation of Latino students and future leaders. It doesn’t matter if you’re a new graduate or if you’re a seasoned professional, we welcome your ideas, participation and service.
Reasons to Join:
- Giving back to the University of Illinois Latinx community
- Reconnecting with fellow alumni
- Networking within one of the fastest growing leadership circles
- Helping guide and mentor the next generation of University of Illinois leaders
- Meetings are conducted via conference call, so we encourage worldwide board members
How to Apply:
- Fill out the application below
- Deadline to submit an application: November 11th at midnight CST
- Online voting: November 12th – November 14th Midnight CST
- Announcement of New Board: November 15th
- First New Board Meeting: December 8th – 11 AM CST
We look forward to bringing on new board members and welcome your applications. If you have any questions, please contact Evelin Freytas, President of IllinoisLLAA, at [email protected].
The LLAA Board of Directors