2020-2021 IllinoisLLAA Scholarship Application
University of Illinois Latina/Latino Alumni Association (IllinoisLLAA) scholarship application is open to Latina/Latino undergraduate and graduate students enrolled full-time at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign during the 2020-2021 academic school year. In honor of our ten year anniversary and thanks to a generous donor, IllinoisLLAA is able to grant one $2,500 scholarships to either an undergraduate or graduate student.
The deadline to submit an application is May 7, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
The eligibility requirements are outlined in detail below.
Members of the IllinoisLLAA Scholarship Committee will review and score all completed applications.
The scholarship winner will be contacted directly by letter/email in late May. Questions can be sent to the Scholarship Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Full-time enrollment as either an undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) campus with at least one full-time semester completed at UIUC.
2. Cannot be Freshman and past scholarship recipients.
3. Must have a minimum cumulative 2.5/4.0 G.P.A.
4. Must have Latina/Latino ancestry (at least one parent of Latina/Latino heritage).
Undocumented students and DACA recipients are encouraged to apply.
- Complete the electronic application as indicated in its entirety.
- Complete all required short answer questions within the specified word limit.
- Submit a current professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit an electronic copy of your financial award letter/financial need documentation.
- Attach all required materials in the requested format (Microsoft Word, PDF, JPEG, or PNG).
- If selected as a scholarship award recipient:
● submit an electronic copy of your unofficial transcript (reflecting GPA and current enrollment).
● submit a head shot photograph (jpeg/png and of quality resolution) and short biography to be used for marketing purposes only.
Failure to meet all of the eligibility requirements and submit the necessary documentation will result in disqualification.
Your privacy is our priority. Your application information, including legal status, is confidential.